Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Becoming A Hijra

As far as I have found out, having the operation is the most important aspects of becoming a Hijra officially. There are of course Hijras who have not had the operation, but generally they are either born as a Hijra (either a hermaphrodite or with ‘not perfect’ male genitalia) or will perhaps someday get the operation. The basis of being a Hijra depends on the emasculation of the male, or becoming impotent. Since being a Hijra is comparable feelings wise to being a ‘woman’, meaning that Hijras have feelings for men rather than women.
During my research, which I was doing once again by reading the book by Serena Nanda, I got the ritual operation explained to me, and it, as several other aspects of my research have done, surprised and shocked me. Being from a Western country, namely the United States, it is hard for me to understand people getting things similar to gender reassignment surgery done not in a hospital, or by a licensed medical doctor. Nonetheless, I decided that I was going to understand why the Hijras were willing to get this surgery done by other Hijras.
First off, getting the power to perform the surgery is not an easy process, so not just any Hijra can perform the surgery. Being an Atheist myself, I have never been a big believer in religions, especially when it comes to what I think of as crazy and dangerous rituals. This surgery fits right in with a dangerous ritual, but after reading the book I can understand the religious beliefs of the Hijras better and get some understanding of why they would choose to go to such lengths to receive this operation. In order for the Hijra performing the operation to be able to operate, she first needs to become a ‘dai ma’ which is essentially a midwife. This ‘dai ma’ receives the blessing from a god, the Mata. Once this blessing has been achieved, the Hijra can operate. In order for another Hijra to receive the operation she also needs to get the Mata’s blessing, which can take a long time and several attempts. This blessing is essential to getting the operation because without it, the surgery could kill the Hijra. The entire emasculation process is based very much on religion, something that I will be exploring more in the next blog entry.
Works Cited:
Nanda, Serena
1999 The Hijras of India: Neither Man nor Woman. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company.

source: http://indianhijras.blogspot.in/2008/11/becoming-hijra.html

31 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. मैं एक किन्नर बनना चाहता हूँ । मेरा नम्बर 7697205969 है। koi kinnar saheli mujhe kinnar banado pliz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello me kinnar banna chata hu me uske k liye kuch bhi kruga mera no h 8467099464

    ReplyDelete
  4. मैं किन्नर बनना चाहता हूँ 9968114339

    ReplyDelete
  5. Himmat nhi kisse chakko me ya gaand me dum tum chakoo me.lagta sare chake ke guru bhi bhut bare phatu h tabhi sare chakee tabhi phatu h himmat h sabhi chakko aur guru mere penis kat ke dikhoa challenge. H sare guru ko .dekhna h kis guru ki Himmat nhi kisse chakko me ya gaand me dum tum chakoo me.lagta sare chake ke guru bhi bhut bare phatu h tabhi sare chakee tabhi phatu h himmat h sabhi chakko aur guru mere penis kat ke dikhoa challenge h sabhi chakko ke guru ko dekhna h kin chakko aur guru ki Mera no 8800494064

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna become hijra and wanna do begging and sex job..

      Delete
  7. Himmat nhi kisse chakko me ya gaand me dum tum chakoo me.lagta sare chake ke guru bhi bhut bare phatu h tabhi sare chakee tabhi phatu h himmat h sabhi chakko aur guru mere penis kat ke dikhoa challenge. H sare guru ko .dekhna h kis guru ki Himmat nhi kisse chakko me ya gaand me dum tum chakoo me.lagta sare chake ke guru bhi bhut bare phatu h tabhi sare chakee tabhi phatu h himmat h sabhi chakko aur guru mere penis kat ke dikhoa challenge h sabhi chakko ke guru ko dekhna h kin chakko aur guru ki Mera no 8467099464

    ReplyDelete
  8. Main bhi ek kinnar banana chahati hun. Please mujhe koi kinnar bana do. Main kinnar banane ke liye kuch bhi karungi. Pliz pliz . Meri whatsapp no hai 8467099464. Pliz pliz , mujhe kinnar bana do. Pliz. Main koi mazak nahi kar rahi hun. Pliz mujhe kinnar bana do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Main bhi ek kinnar banana chahati hun. Please mujhe koi kinnar bana do. Main kinnar banane ke liye kuch bhi karungi. Pliz pliz . Meri whatsapp no hai 8467099464. Pliz pliz , mujhe kinnar bana do. Pliz. Main koi mazak nahi kar rahi hun. Pliz mujhe kinnar bana do.reply to kro

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hijra banana chattia Hu no 9130347465

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hijra Kinnear Bana chattia Hu I love Hijra no 9130347465

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pagay lagi guru ji Mai kinnar banna chahati hu muje kinner bana lijeye mai apse umid Katti hu pls mera no 9979037685

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meri age 48 he. me permanent aurat ki tarah rehna chahta hu. Me apna lund katwane ke liye taiyar hu. Koi Kinner guru meri help kar sakte he kya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enter your comment...milogi humse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enter your comment...hi me vi hijra banana chahti hi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Koi kinner h Delhi se please msg me fast Mujhe kinner banoge Ap Mujhe saree pehnete Acha lagta h bahut makeup K sath hamesha K liye Mujhe Apna chela Bana le hamesha K liye please msg me fast 8467099464

    ReplyDelete
  17. Koi kinner h Delhi se please msg me fast Mujhe kinner banoge Ap Mujhe saree pehnete Acha lagta h bahut makeup K sath hamesha K liye Mujhe Apna chela Bana le hamesha K liye please msg me fast 8467099464

    ReplyDelete
  18. ap miloge mujhse main bhi reddy hoo 30bhopal se mere boobs bhi ryal

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mujhe Kinner banna ha mye no 93724 75993

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mujhe Kinner banna ha mye 93724 75993

    ReplyDelete
  21. May bhi kinner banna chahati Hun 6302328843

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, mei hijra banana chahti hu. Koi guru mujhe apna chela bana lo please. Mera number hai 9711307650

    ReplyDelete
  23. Koi kinner h Delhi se please msg me fast Mujhe kinner banoge Ap Mujhe saree pehnete Acha lagta h bahut makeup K sath hamesha K liye Mujhe Apna chela Bana le hamesha K liye please msg me fast 8467099464

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mai vi hijra banna chata hu call me 8981130699

    ReplyDelete